The process of developing a physique that steals the glance from onlookers is often made complicated. Muscle building however, is not as complicated as many people think. The process involves different aspects and routines that if done right, can be very rewarding. The use of supplements for muscle building is one of the most common aspects among competitive athletes and those interested in fitness. Which supplements then, are the safest and the most effective? The following is a look at the best muscle building supplements that have been scientifically proven, read on and learn more.
1. Protein Supplements
Protein is a combination of amino acids and that is why, when you supplement with proteins, you will be supplementing with amino acids as well. Amino acids constitute the building blocks of muscles. There are several essential amino acids that the body requires. The most important protein supplements include:
- Whey protein. This is the most popular and most researched protein supplements. It is derived from the daily sources and is lactose free. In addition to helping build muscles, whey protein suppresses appetite, thus, you eat less food and lose more weight.
- Casein protein. This is similar to whey protein in their source. It is a much slower digesting protein however and thus used before bedtime.
- Other essential protein supplements include; soy protein and egg protein.
Protein supplements come in various forms, but the most common is protein powder. A good example is the MusclePharm Combat Powder.
2. Creatine Supplements
Creatine is probably one of the most exhaustively researched training supplements on the market today. Researchers have revealed that it is a safe and effective supplement for muscle building, which makes it one of the best muscle building supplements. The most popular Creatine supplements include;
- Creatine Monohydrate. This is the most popular supplement among body builders. It is not only safe, but has no serious side effects and has established itself as the most reputable supplement in the market.
- Creatine Ethyl Ester. This is a transformed type of Creatine with an ester group that comes with the actual Creatine molecule. It is effective in transforming fat into a more soluble form easy to remove from the body.
MusclePharm Assault is one of the most common Creatine supplement products available in the market.
3. DHEA Supplementation
For the last thirty years, DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) has been a source of discussion among scientists, fitness professionals, athletes and law makers on whether it is an ideal dietary supplement for muscle building. Scientific research and analysis has however settled this debate, and supports DHEA supplementation to increase muscle mass and strength among its users, making it one of the best muscle building supplements.
As it relates to muscle growth and development, DHEA can be converted to testosterone enzymatically when it is consumed orally. It can also elevate the levels of other anabolic hormones that are crucial for muscle growth in the body. Recent surveys show that DHEA is among the six supplements most commonly used for performance enhancement.
The BioSynergy SKU BIO1011 is one of the many DHEA supplements products in the market.
4. Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyrate (HMB) Supplementation
This is a metabolite of the essential amino acid leucine. It is among the latest dietary supplements that have been proven to promote and enhance muscle mass and strength associated with resistance training. HMB is claimed to influence lean body mass and strength by acting as an anti-catabolic agent that minimizes the breakdown of protein and damage to cells that may result from intense exercises.
Research supports the impact of HMB particularly in young, untrained athletes and other individuals. Moreover, research undertaken to date suggests that HMB may help in reduction of skeletal muscle damage, thus helping in muscle building. The main benefits of HMB include; prevents muscle catabolism, increases muscle gain, speeds up muscle repair, decreases body fat and cholesterol levels as well as increases VO2 Max and endurance.
The Bonyx HMB is a good HMB supplement product available in the market.
5. Essential Fatty Acids Supplements
Essential fatty acids are simply Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. These are mainly found in fish as well as flax seeds. Omega 3 fatty acids are the most crucial and are very rare to find naturally; only found in fish.
- Fish Oil. Omega 3 fats are among the best muscle building supplements and have been used extensively because of their tremendous results. Most foods these days are labelled “contains Omega 3”. The consumption of these fats as muscle building supplements is very beneficial in several ways including; decreases fat hence helps in weight loss, lowers soreness, reduces inflammation and lowers cholesterol levels in the body. Moreover, fish oil promotes overall health and longevity.
A good example of a product in the market that contains essential fatty acids is the New Chapter Wholemega.
Protein whey and Creatine are the most popular supplements for increasing muscle mass in commercial fitness centers. Beta-hydroxy Beta-methylbutyrate (HMB), DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) and Fish Oil supplements are also highly recommended by health and fitness experts, and are among the top six commonly used by athletes and individuals. While using these best muscle building supplements, it is important to note that they cannot provide a quick fix to performance challenges. It is imperative that you follow the basic principles of good training and nutrition while using muscle building supplements.